Sunday, February 28, 2010

Acquire Connection Error in SSIS

I got this error in SSIS:

" [OLE DB Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER.  The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "DW.PPC2" failed with error code 0xC0202009.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed."

I was not able to run the package, but I was still able to preview records in that OLEDB Data Source (in Visual Studio).

I was unable to find anything tangible in BOL, log or Google. Finally, I want to the server and realized that Named Pipes are disabled. I created an alias that forces connection to use TCP connection to the database server and my problem was solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment